Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted for Senator John S. McCain

Poll workers told me turnout at my Northern Virginia precint (Falls Church) was heavy this morning, probably record-breaking. I voted at 4:00 PM, and there were no lines.

Scanning my paper ballot, I laughed out loud when I saw the presidential lineup, which in addition to GOP and Dem included Independent (Nader), Green (McKinney), and Independent Green (Baldwin).

Shades of the Judean People's Front ("No, it's the People's Front of Judea!").

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marty: Let's...uh talk a little bit about the history of the group.
I understand Nigel you and David originally started the band
wuh...back in...when was it...back in 1964?
David: Well before that we were in different groups, I was in a
group called The Creatures and w-which was a skiffle group.
Nigel: I was in Lovely Lads.
David: Yeah.
Nigel: And then we looked at each other and says well we might as well
join up you know and uh....
David: So we became The Originals.
Nigel: Right.
David: And we had to change our name actually....
Nigel: Well there was, there was another group in the east end called The
Originals and we had to rename ourselves.
David: The New Originals.
Nigel: The New Originals and then, uh, they became....
David: The Regulars, they changed their name back to The Regulars and
we thought well, we could go back to The Originals but
what's the point?
Nigel: We became The Thamesmen at that point.

Anonymous said...

Is that from spinnal tap?

Alfred

Greg Erken said...

Anonymous -- yes, straight from The Tap.